I saw a quote online the other day, this is it:
Such a simple quote, yet it really touched me, I really agree with it, and I found the rest of the day I constantly came back to thinking of this quote.
It has been a huge year in our house, in my life, but I am happy to say at the end of the day, I am proud of where I am now, of how far I have come.
We all continue to grow each and every day, life’s experiences continue to enrich and challenge us, and assist us to develop into hopefully the best people we can be.
So it made me think,
What am I proud of?
Sometimes that is a hard question, none of us want to come across as conceited, but perhaps we should each take a moment to look inside ourselves and think about what we are proud of about ourselves.
So here is my list:
- I am honest and reliable: Unfortunately I have seen first hand what devastation and havoc lies can create on other people’s lives. I am proud to say that I value and respect being honest and reliable to others.
- I admit to my mistakes– I will NEVER pretend I am perfect, no one is, especially me. It is a very important thing for kids to grow up knowing that their parents are only human.
- I have an amazing, supportive team of friends and family, and I am so thankful for them– I feel so incredibly blessed by some of the amazing souls that surround me in life, and every day I count my blessings to be able to share my life with these amazing people.
- I have finally realised that it is time to let go of the things that I have no control over in my life– something that even a year ago was almost impossible for me to do.
- I’m becoming more assertive– For years I have said that I think my lesson in life is to be more assertive, I have been trampled on by others, had my feelings and views squashed and ripped apart. I have had hundreds of sleepless nights worrying about what others think or say about me. Now simply don’t care, my skin has grown thicker, and I know that those who truly love me know the real me.
- I have fallen apart and put the pieces back together again: This year has been a shocking one, I know what it feels like to hit rock bottom, and I know that it is impossible to feel “normal” again overnight, but I did it. Some days it feels like some of the pieces are falling apart again, but I am safe in the knowledge that I know how to heal myself, and that I am finally able to be more gentle on me.
Now it is your turn, What are you proud of?